Using the power of the sun, solar panels generate electricity for your home. To make the electricity you need, the panels go through the following process:
- Sunlight hits panels, causing photons and electrons to interact. This creates an electrical current.
- The current flows from your panels to the solar inverter, which transforms it into energy that is usable in your home.
- From the inverter, this energy travels to your breaker box, where it gets circulated throughout your home.
- Unused excess electricity is stored in your Generac battery backup for later use. Depending on your area and utility provider, this excess energy could be used for net metering purposes, meaning the energy can go back to the grid and earn you energy credits on your next electric bill.
Benefits Of Solar In Columbus
There’s no shortage of good reasons to consider choosing solar panels for your Columbus home. Beyond the potential financial benefits, you could potentially see a return on your investment and help make the planet by going green.
- Own Your Power — Protect yourself from rising energy costs by producing your own electricity and relying less on grid power.
- Potentially Reduce Your Electric Bill — Generating your own energy with a solar system could potentially save you thousands of dollars on your electric bills over time.
- Qualify For Federal Tax Credit — Qualified homeowners can claim a federal tax credit of up to 26% on solar panels installed on their property through 2022.5
- Potentially Increase Your Property’s Value — Solar panels may give an increased return on your investment should you sell your home. Studies have shown that having a solar system installed increases a home’s value.
- Reduce Your Carbon Footprint — Do your part in protecting the planet by using a clean alternative to fossil fuels.
What Happens to Excess Solar Energy?
Your solar panels may produce more electricity than is needed at certain times of the day. If you don’t end up using all the energy produced by your system, there are a couple of ways to put it to use.
Store excess energy in a backup battery.3
If your panels produce excess energy, the extra power can be stored in your Generac battery backup to be used in the event of a grid power outage or at night when your panels are not producing any electricity. In addition, the stored energy can fill the gaps when your home’s solar panels are not producing at full capacity.
Use excess energy via net metering.
Net metering is the process of sending extra energy that your solar panels produce back to the grid in exchange for credits on future electric bills. If your panels produce extra energy, you can be credited for the energy you sell back (often at a 1-to-1 ratio), meaning that you sell it back at the same price you would buy it. This is a great incentive for using solar energy, but it’s important to note that some utility companies do not offer net metering. Availability, excess credits and other requirements vary by area and utility providers.
Solar Panel Installation In Columbus
- Get started by requesting a free quote. A solar representative will get back to you shortly to discuss your options for going solar. During this conversation, we’ll make sure you’re a good candidate for solar panels and end by scheduling your free in-home consultation.
- One of our solar consultants will visit your home to evaluate it on-site. We’ll assess your property and electric bills to estimate what size solar system will best fit your circumstances. From this, we’ll create a custom proposal made to address your unique energy needs. Once the contract is signed, it’s time to get to work preparing for installation!
- On installation day, we’ll arrive on time at your home and install your solar panels. We’ll be careful not to do damage to your roof or home in the process. This should take just a day or two. After the panels are installed, we will test your system and clean up our workspace after the fact.
Cost Of Solar
Going solar is more cost-effective than ever for Columbus residents! However, the overall cost of a solar power system depends on your home, electricity use and energy goals. Our solar experts can develop a custom solution for your home down to how many solar panels you need.
The cost of solar panels is calculated based on dollars per watt. We base the number of panels you need on the number of watts your home typically uses per month. Once we have that number, we can design an effective solar solution for your home.
Your Columbus Solar Panel Installation Cost Includes The Following:
This includes the solar panels, inverters, wiring, conduit, mounting racks and mounting hardware.
A Custom Solar System
Once you sign the contract, our team begins designing a system, filing the relevant permits and proceeding with the setup for your installation.
A Time And Date For Your Installation
On the day of installation, our team carefully installs and tests your system to ensure that it’s working properly, then cleans up your property as though we were never there!
Ready to go solar? Here’s how you can finance your Columbus solar panel installation.
PHS Financial Program
- POWERHOME SOLAR offers competitive financing to do our part in making solar accessible and affordable to our customers. Our financial program offers those who qualify a $0 up-front cost and 12 months of savings on us.1
- You can obtain a loan either through your own source or through ours, which specializes in solar. This allows for a $0 down2 payment and 100% financing for qualified customers.
- To maximize your solar investment, you can pay up-front, in full for your solar panels. This means your new electric bill will immediately reflect your potential savings and you can take advantage of home equity loans that might be tax-deductible.
POWERHOME SOLAR is proud to offer high-quality solar panels that offer superior reliability and performance.
Solar Panel Warranties
Our panels come with two types of warranty:
- A minimum 25-year linear power performance guarantee.
- A 25-year product workmanship guarantee. A solar panel’s product warranty covers any issues with manufacturing defects or premature wear and tear on your panels.
Your solar panels are built to last, and so is your inverter! Your inverter comes with a 10-year warranty, and as the installer of the system, our team will take care of any warranty issues that might arise.
These warranties are designed to ensure that you are able to replace bad panels or address any potential issues with your system post-installation. POWERHOME SOLAR uses panels that are guaranteed to operate at approximately 85% capacity after 25 years and rarely have issues. But in the event that there are any problems, our customers can rest assured that we will be able to address them and rectify the situation.